Question: Why do I need this testing?
Answer: This depends upon your medical concerns and history.
- These tests can tell a person whether their neurological problems may interfere with work, living independently, or school.
- These tests can objectively measure if memory is functioning normal for their age which may be of a concern to older individuals.
- For children, these tests can help parents and teachers work with them to achieve their highest potential.
- These tests may help some people acquire services and financial resources that may be needed to adjust to their neurological condition.
- There are many other reasons for these tests, if unsure you are welcome to call the Dr. Brown to discuss your concerns.
Question: What should I expect?
Answer: Initially, you will talk with a neuropsychologist about your symptoms and concerns. Then you will take a variety of tests administered to you in a one-to-one setting by a neuropsychologist.
This may take anywhere from 3 to 8 hours, depending upon your difficulties. You should plan for a lunch break, and probably bring some beverages and snacks to make your testing more comfortable.